Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hearts, hearts and more hearts!

Well, February is almost here! Which means Valentine's day is right around the corner! Yes, some may say that Valentine's day is just a commercial holiday and there's too much fuss surrounding it... I am not in that group of some. I in fact absolutely love holidays, Valentine's day is no exception!

I typically go big. I live by the theory if you can't go big, go home! So, I began to think all things lovey dovey when it came time to decorate for Valentine's day!

I recently purchased a Cricut machine from Walmart, (Best investment I ever made!) and I took to the cartridges I had, which are the two the Cricut came with, Accent Essentials, Plantain School Book and one I purchased on my own Create a Critter. So I flipped through the handy books included with each cartridge and discovered lots of cute cuts.

All I did was cut out anything cutesy with hearts and love on pink and red paper, (sorry hubby, Valentine's day is not masculine!) Then used some pink ribbon and made paper heart chains. I also put cut outs on our sliding glass door and front window. I felt pretty festive!

Here are a few of my designs!

Hope this inspires you to do your own decorating!









Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune on the store decor! Card stock and cricut, plus ribbon and I'm all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment